Sunday, October 09, 2005

MONEY MONDAY AT THE YNOT TIMES

MONEY MONDAY AT THE YNOT TIMES
Hello World,
Yes it is Money Monday At The Ynot Times and I have a story to tell you all that lets me know that some individuals in The Hood need to stop and smell the coffee , in regards to finances.
I met a lady in the bookstore this past weekend and she informed me that she spent $17,000.00 dollars on clothes for her two teenage sons. I said you have to be kidding me. That was spent this summer.
She works at a rest home 16hours per day, but the $17,000.00 dollars that she spent on her Jr. High School kids, was done so that they would feel better about themselves, but she only needed $8,000.00 dollars for her down payment on a home. Does this makes sense???????
She says now that she has to save for another few years, in order to get a home, if she's lucky.
I was blown away. My point with all of this is that, Financial Education is needed in The Hood , now more than ever.
Tony Renee Smith
Publisher - The Ynot Times

No comments:

THE YNOT WISH LIST